Social media buttons are becoming increasingly common on websites. There are many social media button plugins out there, but the Socialize plugin is by far our favorite. While the decision ultimately comes down to personal preference, we recommend the Socialize plugin above the rest. It gives you all of the major social media buttons and gives you plenty of flexibility with customizing their appearance.
You can choose from the following social media buttons:
- Google +1
- Google Buzz
- Yahoo! Buzz
The Socialize > Buttons menu allows you to:
- Change the display styles of the Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +1, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Google Buzz, and Yahoo! Buzz buttons
- Rearrange the order in which the buttons appear by simply dragging and dropping
The Socialize > Display menu allows you to:
- Choose if you want to display them vertically or horizontally, left aligned or right aligned
- Choose if you want to display them on posts, pages, front page, archives, search, and/or feeds entries
- Display them inline at the top of the post and/or below the post in a call to action box
You can also customize the buttons and call to action text on a per-post and per-page basis.
Call to Action Box
The call to action box is a feature that is missing from most other plugins in this category. It is an extremely valuable feature, as it allows you to customize your message to your visitors. The available options in the Socialize > Display menu allow you to change the text that appears, background color, border color, and border thickness. You can also choose which buttons to display in the call to action box, and what order to display them in.