This plugin gives you a variety of SEO configuration and customization options for your website.
Important: This plugin is for advanced users and can hurt your SEO if it is not properly configured. Also note that configuring these settings is not an SEO solution in itself; to achieve noticeable results, you will need to perform SEO on your individual posts and pages.
These settings are recommended for most websites, but individual cases may vary.
- If you see a “Paging comments is enabled” message, click the “Fix it” button. If the same message appears more than once, you will not have to click the button more than once.
- If you signed up for Webmaster Tools accounts, you can verify your accounts by adding the appropriate meta values in the Webmaster Tools panel.
- Title Settings panel:
- Under both the Post and Page title templates, enter “%%title%% | %%sitename%%” (without the quotes)
- Indexation Rules panel:
- Check “Subpages of archives and taxonomies”
- Check “Author archives” (you may want to leave this unchecked on a multi-author website)
- Check “Date-based archives”
- Check “Tag archives”
- Archive Settings panel:
- Check “Disable the author archives” (you may want to leave this unchecked on a multi-author website)
- Check “Disable the date-based archives” (you may want to leave this unchecked if you want to use these archives)
XML Sitemaps submenu:
- Check “Check this box to enable XML sitemap functionality”
- Check “Ping Yahoo!”
- Check “Ping Ask.com”
- Check “Enforce a trailing slash on all category and tag URLs”
- Check “Redirect attachment URLs to parent post URL”
- Insert the following, without the quotes, in the box next to “Content to put after each post”: “Source: %%POSTLINK%% on %%BLOGDESCLINK%%”
More information: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/